Robert Krogle Workshop
Three day oil painting workshop - September 14 - September 16, 10AM - 5PM daily
Fee: $275 for three day. $100 for individual days.
Robert Krogle, award winning impressionist painter, lecturer and instructor offers an intensive workshop on “How to Look at Reality Through Impressionist Eyes”.
Friday, Sept. 14
A short narrative on why I paint, what inspires me and what I do to give my paintings purpose.
How I analytically grasp what I see:
- Correct measuring (drawing with the brush - a demonstration)
- Obtaining correct values (light and dark)
- Interpreting color (temperature, intensity)
- Appropriate edges (soft, hard variations)
- Composition (design through representational and abstract theory)
Learning the skills to control the painting process:
- My pallet. Set up. My Equipment.
- Choice and preparation of subject. Lighting.
- Mixing colors. Paint application.
- Exercises in paint application and breaking old habits.
Subject - Plein Air paint out in the afternoon.
Followed by critique.
Saturday, September 15
Major still life and critique
Sunday, September 16
Major life portrait and critique
EQUIPMENT FOR PAINTING CLASS
- Standing easel
- Four 11x14 stretched canvases or canvas board
- Two 8x10 canvas board
- Oil Paint (colors I currently use on my pallet) Cadmium Red Hues Cadmium Orange Hue Cadmium Yellow Hue Ultramarine Blue Alizarin Crimson Cerulean Blue Yellow Ochre Pthalo Blue Viridian Green Sap Green Titanium White(bring what additional colors you use)
- Pallet (preferably glass - pallet paper OK)
- Medium (I use linseed oil - walnut oil OK - a tuna can size tin
- Paper Towels
- Pallet knives, if you use them.
- Filbert bristle brushes (sizes 2-10)
- Small hand held mirror
- Trash bags (for paper towels)
- Whatever additional materials and visual aids you may already use
- One or two small oil paintings you have recently done.
- Odorless turpentine for cleaning brushes only